MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal server error during upgrade - What do I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade from 1.2.14 and after it converts the last post's it hangs for a while than goes to an 500 Internal Server error.

Does anyone know what to do? Please help.

Here is the error:
Quote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server "/usr/local/etc/cgi-bin/php-fastcgi" aborted: (first read) idle timeout (30 sec)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at pinkfloydonline.com Port 80

My forum is here: http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/forums/
You should contact your host about this problem. This doesn't relate to MyBB
They won't help me, I have a crappy host.

So what are my options? I did luckily backup... Should i restore? What will happen if I do this? Do I need to download the version I was upgrading from (1.2.14) and re-upload those files?
Were my files "converted" during the integer process?

Can I re-try the upgrade process? I think that "phishing filter" website checker thing on the IE browser made it lag, I turned it off now. But it still goes to internal server error every time I re-try now.
Host related issues are out of the scope of MyBB general support. I suggest you post on a host related web site or contact your host.
Thanks Ryan.

Host issue asside, I just want to go back to 1.2.14. Can you please help me with that?

I made backups, but is it going to work since I made it part way through the upgrade?

Do I need to download the 1.2.14 package and re-upload those files?
Do you have a full backup of your old 1.2.14 files, and a database backup?
Ut-oh, I just have the database backup. Can the 1.2.14 files be downloaded somewhere?
Thank you.

I just want to confirm what I should do now exactly.

So I did a partial upgrade and got through some of the post conversion thing, will this mess anything up?

What should I do exactly and in what order?

Should I upload the 1.2.14 files first, then restore the database backup?

Do I even need to restore the database?
Installing 1.2.14 again will create new blank tables, then you upload your backup.
Pages: 1 2