MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RPG Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I know this has been posted before and I am surprised that with a demand that there is for this mod - no one has made it yet. I guess it's not easy, but nevertheless...

RPG Mod:

Prerequisites:
MyBB 1.2.x
MyPlaza
HP / MP/ EXP

Description:
A mod that would allow MyBB users to create a character and level it up.
MyPlaza to be used for the RPG money system
HP / MP /EXP to be used to display RPG status.

Basic outline:

User logs in to the forum. Click the 'Play RPG' button.
A new page (but with forum headers and footers) appears which checks if the user already has a character.

If user has no character: show creation screen: -> Choose class. based on class chosen, stats will be given and equipment, etc.
If user has a character: show character avatar and stats with buttons like 'Map' 'Shop' etc.

When 'Map' is clicked - show map. When certain place on the map is clicked - refresh the page to show everything that is in that place (shops, etc).
When clicked 'Battle' in that map - start a battle with a monster of randomly generated level.

That's my basic outline. I can see how hard it will be to code, especially if you leave the options of design to the user (i.e. map), however I can see a lot of people using it or it can even become a paid mod.

I am willing to pay (not too much though T.T [i am poor]) for this plugin.

Thanks.
i like that idea but i would rather it be for MyBB 1.4.2
yeah i think 1.4.2 would be best to encourage people to switch to it Smile
Yes, I myself would prefer 1.4.x if not for the amount of plugins that is stil out there for 1.2.x

Of course Plaza and such will be eventually made for 1.4.x

How different are the 1.2.x and 1.4.x Is it possible to make a plugin that would work on both with only minor modifications.

Also, what I am thinking is this: make it a module that will be standalone (almost).

Meaning it will pull general info like headers and footers. and MyPlaza things. And also allow to show stats on postbit by means of $post{['whatever']}

But have the admin panel not be the MyBB AdminCP. With the complexity of the module it could have it's own admin panel (basically God panel as you create the world. Maps, monsters, etc). That way you wouldn't worry about version compatibility too much I think.
It's possible to make it work for both. Well at least in smaller modifications from what I've seen.
(2008-09-21, 02:57 AM)Metal Wing Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I myself would prefer 1.4.x if not for the amount of plugins that is stil out there for 1.2.x

Of course Plaza and such will be eventually made for 1.4.x

Doesn't look like it.
The point is - there is demand for this mod. I don't know why no one developed this yet?

I can code the entire game in JAVA (no gui) in less then a day. And I only studied it in high school.

I am sure any pro or mediocre PHP programmer can make it and be loved by entire MyBB community~
Try to PM someone you think can do it? O.o idk..
It's already on my project list.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1226.html

I have had this planned but needed to wait for 1.4x which of course took a bit longer than most expected.
thank you ^_^ i cant wait!!

*not trying to rush..* when do you expect it to be finished?
Pages: 1 2