MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make 1 login work on multiple forums on diffrent domains on the same server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I can sign up on subdomain1.maindomain.com and log in on subdomain2.maindomain.com just by putting this code into the header of the template?
basically yes, you just need to ensure that the cookie for the userdata/login is bound to maindomain.com and not to any subdomain (IF you really want to use the cookie also on subdomains..e.g. when writing more data into it than the forum already did)

if i recall correctly, a subdomain can access the cookie of the maindomain, but a subdomain cannot use the cookie if it is bound to another subdomain..

example:
i experimented with the forum beeing on forum.tm-creative.org, while other sections where on other subdomains (tutorials.tm-creative.org, contact.tm-creative.org).. the forum.tm-creative.org cookie was bound to tm-creative.org and all other subdomains could access it.
Pages: 1 2