MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclude forum from search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!,

I have a forum named "trashcan" where all the staff members place treads that are not so great. I am wondering if it's possible to exclude this forum from being displayed in the search when admins or mods use it (I use it a lot and it's quite annoying that those posts show up!)

Well thanks for any reply's and I can't wait to exclude this forum!

Best Regards,
Francisck
Try removing it from the forum jump list - this might also remove it from the search.
(2008-09-21, 03:52 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Try removing it from the forum jump list - this might also remove it from the search.

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry but how do I remove it from the jump list?
In the forum settings, there should be an option somewhere to show it or hide it on the forum jump list.

If you can't find it, I'll post a screenshot.
Thanks!

I found the option however it still being shown in the search any more ideas?
Hmm... do you want people to be able to see this forum on the index?? If not, in the forum settings, set 'Forum is Active?' to no. This will hide it from view, however that will include you I think. But then it won't show on the search.
I don't want people to see it...hmm let me try that and ill edit this post if anything happens!

It worked!

Thanks! Big Grin
Ok... remember if you do that even you can't see it, it will be totally invisible (at least it was when I did it).
(2008-09-21, 08:58 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ok... remember if you do that even you can't see it, it will be totally invisible (at least it was when I did it).

I know, I did it I didn't need to see the forum i just create a moderator tool to move the tread to that forum which still works so I'm fine.
And is it removed from the search list now??
Pages: 1 2