MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any project manager or bug tracking system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

We're currently developing open source chat software and would like to use MyBB for our community support forum.

I would like to know if there are any MODs or plugins similar to vB's Project Tools or Bugdar. I've searched the forums and the MODs system but the only thing I found was a post from January 2007 stating one did not exist.

If one still does not exist, does anyone have plans to develop one?

Thanks,
Corey
There is nothing like that now.
(2008-09-21, 10:28 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing like that now.

I didn't think so but I just wanted to make sure. How hard would it be to develop one to integrate with MyBB or would it be fairly easy?

Thanks,
Corey
Bug Tracking wouldn't be extremely hard but imho project management software is much more complex and imho mybb isn't suitable to use for a base. If anything it's the other way around.
A good work requires always time. Smile

The best you can do is to use an existing a software and then bridge it with MyBB.
Flyspray

Comes highly recommended, and we're using it at work at the moment to track things. I've managed to bridge it, but let me explain!

I've bridged Dokuwiki with MyBB, then Flyspray with Dokuwiki. All three share the same database with our Intranet.

If you can come across a better bugtracking software let me know! Undecided
At work, we've bridged Mantis with Doku Wiki. Looks like Mantis can also be integrated with MediaWiki, so it should be possible to bridge to MyBB as well.

I don't know if a wiki or forum would be better connected to a bug tracker.
If someone ever decides to develop this plugin, I would like to add, I would surely use/pay for it.