MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can’t add any attachments when I post new thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using MyBB 1.4.2. I can’t add any attachments when I post new thread. I have to create new thread and then go to full edit to upload attachments. Any idea as to what is going on here?
Thank you for support
Link to your forum and a test account? Also, any error messages? What size attachments are you trying to attach?
I have exactly the same problem with 1.4.2. It goes through the motions but doesn't actually attach anything.

Forum: http://www.gallery.org.uk/theCameraClub/
Board: Background Noise
Username: Tester
Password: tester
In your cache section, is there one for attachments??

I can't remember exactly but the last time I saw this sort of problem, I think it was due to the fact that there wasn't an attachments cache.
(2008-09-23, 02:05 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]In your cache section, is there one for attachments??

I can't remember exactly but the last time I saw this sort of problem, I think it was due to the fact that there wasn't an attachments cache.
In Cache Manager, there's something called attachtypes - is that what you mean?
This is the post I had in mind, just found it...

(2008-09-20, 07:10 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I found the solution (for me):

There was no cache of attachment-types. After editing an attachment-type, the cache created and then I was able to upload attachments!

And there is one for you so I guess it isn't to do with the cache.
Well I've checked most things I can think of. The upload area is writeable, the user has permissions to add attachments etc. I'm not sure where to look next. :o(
Have you tried just rebuilding that cache?? I don't know why that might make it work but I guess it's worth a shot Huh
Tried that too.
I should have added that this is new install of 1.4.2 after the problems I had with upgrading.
(2008-09-23, 02:52 PM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]Tried that too.
I should have added that this is new install of 1.4.2 after the problems I had with upgrading.

So this is a new install with no remnants of the upgrade process am I correct?
Pages: 1 2