MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: loads of questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
to stop my resent floading of these forums, iv decided to post a thread of all my questions regarding my site and others *maybe*

1. Group Image?
can someone explain this to me? and how i can put my own image.. it says to put {lang} or something

2. Themes?
can someone help me, or walk me through on how to put a theme in my forum.

3. Template?
what is a template?

4. Text in my site?
how can i add text to my site saying somethin like "Welcome to Vovamivu"?

5. The Stars?
How can i change the image of the stars?

6. Chat Room?
Can someone walk me through how to add a chat room to my forums?

7. MYPS?
where can i get it?

thank you for reading. i hope you can answer me. ^_^
1. A group image is somthing that says "management" or "support team" or something like that. You can make them or have someone skilled in Photoshop make one.

2. PM me

3. Templates are part of themes

4. Newsbar?

5. I think it's a setting in groups.

6. PM me

7. Whats MYPS?
You can get MyPS at http://www.mybbcentral.com.
1. You need to FTP the groupimage to your language folder. (ie. english/groupimages/)

2. Read the wiki.

3. A template is the stored html/Xhtml in the database. It's editable in the admincp.

4. Depends on where you want it. You can edit many things in admincp settings or the template "header" might work too.

5. FTP and overwrite the existing image with your own.

6. This is something I don't advise you add as a new forum owner that is still learning. It's going to probably be more complex than you think and it's also normally not that good of an addition to most forums.

7. MYPS is a Mybb Points System and it's only available at Mybb Central to subscribers.

Some of my answers might puzzle you. Realistically you sound as if you are just starting out and haven't any experience with websites. Learn FTP and file structure as well as xhtml.

Good luck.
thank you for your replys ^_^

@danrulz98- il PM you shortly ^_^ thanks

@labrocca- Im relatively new.. i kno very few things but i will trust you on the chat room.
but i must ask, what is xhtml?
xhtml is a newer standard for creating we pages...it's EXtensible HyperText Markup Language vs HTML (hypertext markup language). It allows for greater control and more markup.

You can start with the w3c schools tutorials.

http://www.w3schools.com/

On the left side you can choose xhtml to begin the education.
thank you soooo much ^_^ il start off with html then move to xhtml when i can ^_^!! if you could id give you 3+reps!!! XD you rock man!!!
I would almost say just jump right into XHTML as well it is a new and better standard. Although even if you don't the transition isn't to hard.
so which would be better to edit my main site with html or xhtml?
What ever one is easier for you right now (probably HTML) and it's not like you can't change it later.Wink
Pages: 1 2