MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spelling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is favourite spelt favorite in the US or are there spelling mistakes all over the board?
Yes, in the US it is spelled favorite.
Yep, there are two ways to spell favourite. One is imperial way, and the other, the US way (can't remember the proper name for it). It's the same with color and colour.
Curse you and your U boycotting ways Toungue

Favorite, sounds like a rock Toungue
Color is another one. Smile
color sounds like something microsoft sam would say
imperial and metric are two different systems for calcualtions like speed and kg (math type stuff) Cory Toungue Spelling is different I believe. Its just spelt differently. Theres no name for it. Pronounceation is different too.

Tomato = too-may-tow, too-maa-tow, too-mat-o
Potato = po-tay-tow, po-taa-tow, po-tat-o

In MyBB's case, it uses Australian spelling, because thats where Chris lives.
k776 Wrote:imperial and metric are two different systems for calcualtions like speed and kg (math type stuff) Cory Toungue Spelling is different I believe. Its just spelt differently. Theres no name for it. Pronounceation is different too.

Tomato = too-may-tow, too-maa-tow, too-mat-o
Potato = po-tay-tow, po-taa-tow, po-tat-o

In MyBB's case, it uses Australian spelling, because thats where Chris lives.

Not to take this off-topic, but when I was in one of my Global Geography class, we watched a movie about the linguistic origins and relations throughout canada, the US and england, and they described the way Canadians, English and it's denominations spell out certain words as being "Imperialistic". And I'm not really sure if it's metric of how the US spells it.