MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Max_connections problem since 1.4 upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since upgrading to version 1.4, I get a lot more problems with "max_user_connections" being exceeded.

SQL Error:
1203 - User [email protected] has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server 

Is there an issue where connections might not be getting closed properly somewhere?

it happens during peak times, and my board has 20 connections available, but it was never a problem with version 1.2. It seems to have gotten worse as I went from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2, but that could just be coincidental as this is my peak traffic time. (It's an NFL fan board)

Here are my board stats:
Board Statistics
Totals 	Averages
Threads: 11,310
Members: 940 	Posts per day: 6.66
Threads per day: 0.8
Members per day: 0.07
Posts per member: 100.26
Replies per thread: 7.33
Ugh...NFL fanboard...? The season just started. It could be natural traffic increasing your usage.
(2008-09-22, 05:47 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh...NFL fanboard...? The season just started. It could be natural traffic increasing your usage.

Yeah, I know it could be that...but we've never had that error in the past, not even during the superbowl.
Maybe if it is just a traffic problem you could ask for more bandwith?? Don't know if that'd be possible as I don't know your hosting situation though.
Your host could have also changed their own settings. I suggest you find out what max_connections is actually set at.