MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change user to super mod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

How do I change a normal user into a super moderator in Admin CP?

Thanks

Confused
Edit their primary user group in the user edit page.

ACP > Users and Groups > Users > *find the user* > Options > Edit Profile and Settings > Profile > Primary User Group.
(2008-09-22, 08:27 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Edit their primary user group in the user edit page.

ACP > Users and Groups > Users > *find the user* > Options > Edit Profile and Settings > Profile > Primary User Group.

Hi Matt

I tried that but I keep getting the error:

The following errors were encountered:
The password you entered as confirmation does not match the original one. Please confirm your password correctly

It seems I need the user's PW to change his profile? Blush

I changed my own (alias) profile to moderator, and it only worked after I entered the alias's password.

Please advise.

Thanks
Weird... I was expecting the language error some people have been having, don't know how to get around this one...

As a quick fix, I recommend you tell the user you're going to change his password, tell him what to (maybe just change it to 'password'), then change it when you change the group, and then he can log in and put it back to what it was. That 'should' make that error message go away. Bit of a bad way of having to do it but I can't think of any other way right now.
(2008-09-22, 08:52 PM)dawie Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that but I keep getting the error:

The following errors were encountered:
The password you entered as confirmation does not match the original one. Please confirm your password correctly

It seems I need the user's PW to change his profile? Blush

I got this error too one time, but a quick flush of my cookies sorted things out.
When changing the usergroup make sure that the password fields are blank.
(2008-09-23, 01:29 PM)monacelli Wrote: [ -> ]When changing the usergroup make sure that the password fields are blank.

Even when they're blank the error comes up.
Are you using 1.4.2?