MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bilingual Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Can I exchange my one language Forum to Bilingual Forum?
if No! Can I use 2 Database for a Forum? (I want to design one forum in 2 or more languages)
Umm I don't see why not if you add the language packs required.

I've never used more than english so wouldn't know how it works honestly.
You can simply download more language packs and import them through the Admin CP. Then, a user can pick whatever language they want!

Bear in mind, that posts will still be written in a user's native language!... the amount of times that has to be explained is unreal...

Toungue
Yeah the languages only affect the board text... if I had French and English people on my forum, I could install a French language pack so the French peo9ple could navigate, but the posts will be however they are typed.
Thank you dears,

I used plugin in my Forum but i don't want plugin or something like that.

for example, if you see my site (signature), you can find my site as Persian language but if you select English from Language Select Tool (top of the page), all the page will change to English language.

I want to design something like this for my forum. Can you help me?
Did you read my post above??

All forum text can change, but it will be impossible to change text typed by users.

[attachment=11171]

See... here, forum stuff is in Persian, but the stuff you, or the users input, will always be exactly as they type it, in this case, English.

The reason why things like 'Welcome back, Matt_!' can change are because that text is pulled using a variable, something like {$lang->welcome_back}, which pulls the relevant line from the language pack installed. So, if you use the English language, it uses the English version - use the Persian language, it uses the Persian version. You can't convert the posts as they're not a variable.