MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sticky thread in Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just noticed something. I've chosen a forum to pull data for the portal through the ACP. This is all fine...

However, since I am using a chosen forum to create content on the portal-page, I kinda want to use a chosen post as a 'welcome message' on this portal....so I thought I could just create a post in the forum and then 'Stick it' and it would always stay on top even if I have other posts in this forum. This is what happens as well....but only in the forums...in the portal the newly created thread shows up on top regardless of the 'stickiness'-status. (The new thread shows up higher than the 'sticky' thread previously created in the same forum)

Anything that could be done to fix the order in the portal as well?

cheers,
KImmo
If you wanted to, you could put a fixed message at the top of the portal by editing the portal templates.
I know, but I wish not to do this. I want to use the PORTAL and the attached forum to it as a makeshift CMS for that landing-page....and having to manually edit the page in the files each time I want to update it would defeat the purpose.

cheers,
Kimmo