MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: doc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im lookin for someone who help me write a complete online MyBB documentation. i need someone with good Themes/Templates knowledge, profesional insalation knowledge, and good database knowledge.

only accepting 2 ppl, so we will be 3 writting it. also, i know theres a documentation when you download it, but i wanna write a FULL COMPLETE GREAT AWESOME documentation, but cant write it alone

so anyone?
I started on a MyBBManual project about 2 months ago and since then have dropped it for now. I written up about 1/4 of MyBB's admin section (There is ALOT to talk about there). I'll see if I can help you in that.
ok thanks cory. anyone else?

remember i want to write it about PR2!
Well, MyBB actually already has a wiki being made, which will have all the things your planning to add. And its official because it was created by Chris. Perhaps you'de actually like to help with that? Hopefully Chris wouldn't mind one more person since the current developers have been to busy to work on it so its quite emtpy Sad
k776 Wrote:Well, MyBB actually already has a wiki being made, which will have all the things your planning to add. And its official because it was created by Chris. Perhaps you'de actually like to help with that? Hopefully Chris wouldn't mind one more person since the current developers have been to busy to work on it so its quite emtpy Sad

hey i bet i get the resurrection award for the week eh?

The beauty of a wiki is that a thillion ppl can work on it allowing only minor attention/moderation by staff. Since this person here is willing to work on it, and ppl would probably be willing to put in their 2 cents on even as little as a single subject, i think it'd be in you guys best interest to go live with the wiki right now.

the current version really needs docs... and ANY docs are bettern none. ppl are so trained by the traditional method of "i have a book, here you read it" style documentation that they forget the advantages of wikis. as far as the inevitable spam goes, as long as you have a decent wiki (i'd recommend Wikka or Odd Muse) it's not tuff to deal with it. besides... defacing a wiki does NOT make a dude 1337.

I think you'll find many more bystander helpers with an existing wiki than you'll find available for 'official' work. It'll also take the pressure off for completion, and will allow you to add one-off items here and there as you have time.
Well, as Kieran said, we already have a Wiki software installed, MediaWiki being what we're using.

We haven't touched it in a long time due to lack of time and current coordination, however i'm willing to let you guys have a stab.

The URL for the wiki is: http://wiki.mybboard.com/index.php/Main_Page

Chris
Any possibility of allowing people to register? Perhaps linked with this forums user table to save us creating two accounts?
Argh forgot about that. You should be able to register now.

I'll also see what I can do about linking it to the forums when I upgrade it to the latest version.
actually, it may serve as another layer of keepin thugs out if you don't link the logins. Kinda cheezeball, but it's been my experience that the helpful types don't see that kinda thing as an obstacle, but the malevolent types do.

* monsto shrugs

might help, might not.

thanks for enabling logins tho!
Well, whilst doing some work at one of my clients (am still there), I decided I would look into the integration thing (ssh, I was waiting for Windows 2000 to install on about 30 machines - I had some spare time).

Looks like MediaWiki supports authentication plugins. Their documentation of it is pretty crappy, but I think i'll be able to work it out and get it all integrated.

Chris
Pages: 1 2