MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme uploading isn't working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was trying out themes on the main site here and most of the .xml files say they can't be found or that it's for an older version. The skins say they work with 1.4.x ...so the newly created forum looks like this:

http://steambox-anime.animegerad.com/
Hey, I just installed an older theme on my 1.4 forum
When it says its for an older version, You have to let the system install it anyway (there is an option) and then make sure you uplaod the images folder to the directory as well.
Looks like you arent getting any images.. if you just upload the xml file without the accompanying images folder it wont work
Good luck!
Just tick the box saying ignore version like the error message says to.

And yeah you need the images, that's why they're there... did you read the readme that came with it??
Although you are able to ignore compatibility warning when you import the theme, you should only do this when you know that the theme supports your version of MyBB.

1.2.x themes will not work correctly with MyBB 1.4.x, even though you are able to ignore the warning.
Those Afresh themes still need the version box ticked, not quite sure why... but they were designed for 1.4.x.
The skins are for 1.4.x and I did use the ignore box (it won't upload otherwise). I did read the Read Me files. The default skin don't even work.
And you're sure the path to the images is correct??
I uploaded the image folders where they were suppose to be...
./images/midnight/ ??

And is that what it says in the import theme page??
images/midnight
Pages: 1 2