MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Music In Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone write a plugin where there is an additional field in usercp "edit profile" that allows users to enter link to esnips.com or other music streaming sites and have that embed in there profile (below sig perhaps)? Any effort in implementing this would be much appreciated. thanks.
I have a boomp3 plugin at hackforums.net.

It allows boomp3 embed tags in posts and signatures too. So far it's been a hit at the site and used fairly often in signatures.

Example:
http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=28409

I plan to release it at Mybb Central Soon.
But you see this is not good. If more than one person embeds a song in their sig then loading a thread with tons of posts will sound chaotic, all of them playing at once. Simply embedding it in the profile page would be ideal
IMHO anything like this would slow down the opening of profile pages which would be very annoying.
Music on websites is annoying anyway. Unless the audio doesn't autostart, I say it's a bad idea. Even then, I would say its not the best of ideas.
(2008-09-26, 01:42 AM)ddmp Wrote: [ -> ]But you see this is not good. If more than one person embeds a song in their sig then loading a thread with tons of posts will sound chaotic, all of them playing at once. Simply embedding it in the profile page would be ideal

They don't auto play.