MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads Don't Exist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently upgraded from 1.21 to 1.4.2

On the index page when I click the top thread of each forum, I receive a Board Message saying the thread does not exist. However, when I open up the forums to list the threads, the threads and the posts are there.

This is the forum:

http://www.tristanrogers.com/forums/index.php

This problem exists both with old threads before the upgrade and a test thread we made after the upgrade.

Also, when posting a reply, the buttons for font, bold, italic, etc. are jumbled and misaligned.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
I'm also getting the following message when I try to view the complete list of who's online.

{1} {2} active in the past {3} minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).
Please make sure you've uploaded the entire 1.4.2 package and overwritten all the existing 1.2.1 files. www.mybboard.net/downloads
(2008-09-25, 06:29 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Please make sure you've uploaded the entire 1.4.2 package and overwritten all the existing 1.2.1 files. www.mybboard.net/downloads

Would it be best to do the entire upgrade again? And one question. All the php files in the /upload folder? Do they just go in the /forums folder? I've noticed that the calendar, member list, etc. also come up blank.
Thank you so much for your reply. I've noticed by viewing the /forums/admin folder via FTP Filezilla that all the *.php files I mentioned earlier (and I installed in the /forums folder) are dated 1-8-08. That is the date of the first install of 1.2.1.

I'm assuming these old files need to be deleted? This is where I'm confused. Where do all these *.php files in the /upload folder go on the server?
(2008-09-25, 04:16 PM)tridiot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-25, 06:29 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Please make sure you've uploaded the entire 1.4.2 package and overwritten all the existing 1.2.1 files. www.mybboard.net/downloads

Would it be best to do the entire upgrade again? And one question. All the php files in the /upload folder? Do they just go in the /forums folder? I've noticed that the calendar, member list, etc. also come up blank.
Thank you so much for your reply. I've noticed by viewing the /forums/admin folder via FTP Filezilla that all the *.php files I mentioned earlier (and I installed in the /forums folder) are dated 1-8-08. That is the date of the first install of 1.2.1.

I'm assuming these old files need to be deleted? This is where I'm confused. Where do all these *.php files in the /upload folder go on the server?

DennisTT am I just being stupid? Do I just upload everything in the uploads folder of the installation file into http://www.tristanrogers.com/forums ? Is this what I did wrong? Because I didn't overwrite this way. I opened up all the folders in the uploads one. In other words, I opened /uploads/admin and sent those files to the server so that if wouldn't overwrite my smilies, avatars, etc. I'm betting the correct way, also the simplest way, is not what I did.
I have upgraded again. I still have the same problems. I desperately need help with this. This is a celebrity forum and it has already been down for an entire day.

I uploaded the entire /uploads folder via FilZilla (FTP) to my /forums directory. I selected to upgrade from 1.2.1

I really would appreciate any help I can get on this. Is there any way to revert back to the old version? I upgraded to enjoy the new features.
With saying my threads do not exist. Calendar is gone. Member List is gone. Please help. This is a very popular board. Is there any way now to save my data and revert back to the old version after this upgrade to 1.4?

The only option I can get to work is for version 1.2.10 and this is the result when I upgrade.

Please help this is a very popular board for a celebrity. It's already been malfunctioning for a full day. I have no idea what to do now or how to go from here.

http://www.tristanrogers.com/forums/index.php
Did you backup your database before you upgraded?

Did you follow the Wiki: Upgrading guidelines when you upgraded?
(2008-09-26, 03:50 AM)DCR Wrote: [ -> ]Did you backup your database before you upgraded?

Did you follow the Wiki: Upgrading guidelines when you upgraded?

I did backup my database.

I did follow the wiki instructions. I uploaded the files in the /upload package to my /forums directory. I chmod the appropriate files.

I ran the upgrade.php. I am at a loss.

If i try to access the threads on the right side of the board (top thread each forum), I get a Board Message saying the threads do not exist. If you open the forums, you can see the threads are all there.

Who's Online (complete list) does not work. The Member List does not work. The Calendar does not work.
I still have the same problem that my threads don't exist after upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.4.2. I don't seem to be able to get any help with this. I have upgraded per the instructions and the problem persists. Can I restore the threads/forums with another install?

I desperately need help with this as the forum must go back online today. What is the best way to restore this forum from my backup? I have backups from both before the upgrade and after. Which one do I use?

This is my original request for help:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38214.html

This is my forum:

http://www.tristanrogers.com/forum/index.php

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Matt..seriously. Be careful with the advice you give.

tridiot...have you tried to rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess ?

Because this is a side effect of the friendly URLs if they are activated yet the htaccess file isn't there. You can also try to turn off search engine friendly urls in admincp.
(2008-09-26, 03:59 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Matt..seriously. Be careful with the advice you give.

tridiot...have you tried to rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess ?

Because this is a side effect of the friendly URLs if they are activated yet the htaccess file isn't there. You can also try to turn off search engine friendly urls in admincp.

Thanks so much for the replies. I've worked a lot with SQL databases and knew the problem had to be something simple. All my data was there. It was if the forum was missing a style sheet or something. So if someone else converts from 1.2.1 to 1.4.2 and has the following problems.

Clicking on the top thread of the forum (on the right side) produces a Board Message that states "The thread does not exist". Yet, when they open the forum to list the threads, they are all there and you are able to access, read, and reply.

The Member List Produces only
" << >>"

The Calendar Produces only

"<< >>"

and trying to view the Complete List of Who's Online gives you

{1} {2} active in the past {3} minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).

Well, tell that person to change their theme. I downloaded and installed one of the new theme/template packages and like magic all these problems were fixed.

Before the forum was using the Grey Smoke template designed for the 1.2 series.

Whodathunkit? So I'm happy I tried something so simple before attempting to backup the database. BTW, I still have no idea how to actually get to myphpadmin.

No, I am not surprised that I am the first person to post this problem. I couldn't have a typical, ordinary problem, lol.

Thanks.
Quote:BTW, I still have no idea how to actually get to myphpadmin.

Contact your host. If you have cpanel there is normally a link to phpmyadmin.

Quote:No, I am not surprised that I am the first person to post this problem. I couldn't have a typical, ordinary problem, lol.

You are one of the first that I have seen but I had this problem on my test board brand new install. Drove me nuts for about 20 minutes till I remember the htaccess and mod_rewrite.

Good luck. If you need more help let me know.
Pages: 1 2