MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding additional administrators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using ver. 1.4.2 (1402). Downloaded it a week or so ago and this is my first board. I was browsing through the wiki and the forums with little luck on how to add at least one additional administrator. I was hoping that I could be pointed in the right direction.

Regards,
Brucie
First, have the user you want to make an admin make a normal registered user acct on your forums. Then in your Admin CP go to Users and Groups > Users and find the user's username. Then click on "Options" next to their name and select "Edit Profile and Settings".

Then go to the "Profile" tab for the user's account. Change their "Primary User Group" to "Administrators" and submit the page to make them an admin.

Be careful though when making others admin. Only add users you trust to be admins. Smile

BMR777
Correct. All you have to do is change the user's default group into administrator.
You also have to choose a language other than 'Board Default' otherwise you get an error.
Issue Resolved. Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Brucie