MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: smf to mybb converter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I need a converter that can convert the latest version of smf (SMF 1.1.6) to mybb 1.4
The merge system to 1.4.x has not been released yet, but it is anticipated to be released shortly.
I think right now, what you have to do is change over to PHPBB then use the merge system to transfer to MyBB 1.2 then upgrade to 1.4.
(2008-09-26, 05:37 AM)danrulz98 Wrote: [ -> ]I think right now, what you have to do is change over to PHPBB then use the merge system to transfer to MyBB 1.2 then upgrade to 1.4.

Why do you need to go to phpBB?? You can just go from smf to MyBB 1.2, and then upgrade to 1.4.
hmm. so that means it can convert any smf 1.1.x board (including 1.1.6, the newest) right?

Quote:Presently the MyBB Merge System allows you to import bulletin boards that are running:

* vBulletin 3.6
* phpBB 2
* phpBB 3
* SMF 1.1
* PunBB 1.2
* MyBB 1.2 (Merge multiple copies of MyBB in to the one)

(2008-09-26, 09:13 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-26, 05:37 AM)danrulz98 Wrote: [ -> ]I think right now, what you have to do is change over to PHPBB then use the merge system to transfer to MyBB 1.2 then upgrade to 1.4.

Why do you need to go to phpBB?? You can just go from smf to MyBB 1.2, and then upgrade to 1.4.
Well, the .6 signifies a minor update, like the .2 of MyBB, so shouldn't affect the merge system.