MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Variable Creator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A mod, or even a tutorial, would be great.

I need a way to make custom variables, which I can add to the templates and edit in the language files.

Also, they need to be able to be configurable on a per-group basis (for example: guests can see this, users can't)

This would be great!
i agree with Zash.

Custom fields in a post will be great!
(2008-09-26, 03:11 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]A mod, or even a tutorial, would be great.

I need a way to make custom variables, which I can add to the templates and edit in the language files.

Also, they need to be able to be configurable on a per-group basis (for example: guests can see this, users can't)

This would be great!

What content do these variables have?
we don't need extra PROFILE fields.

we want extra fields into post, for example:

a user create a new thread about a car. He/she must have the option to write

thread subject
model of car
km of car
color of the car
etc...

i hope you understand with this example.
You can customize for example thread prefix plugin for that Smile
Well, maybe variables like for a specific usergroup, or to show the person's name.
yes the thread prefix is a great plugin but you can give option just for one field. we want something like "multiple prefix"!

We want the way to add multiple fields on a post and of course we want the way the values of the fields to be visible when a user read the post.
Guess we have two different requests here Smile
To you tempo:
Use thread prefix plugin and put e.g. car brands in it, Ford, Mercedes, Audi etc.
Download thread description, modify it (Guess it's GNU license, otherwise be carefull, I don't remember exactly) from "Thread description" to "modell name" and now you can put there for example F 350 or E-Class.

Complete thing would look that way:
Prefix Description (model name) Thread subject
Ford F 350 with 350 PS, black, 1069 kilometers

After that the post with pricing and so on Wink

Best regards
(2008-10-29, 02:24 PM)LS 134 Wrote: [ -> ]Guess we have two different requests here Smile
To you tempo:
Use thread prefix plugin and put e.g. car brands in it, Ford, Mercedes, Audi etc.
Download thread description, modify it (Guess it's GNU license, otherwise be carefull, I don't remember exactly) from "Thread description" to "modell name" and now you can put there for example F 350 or E-Class.

Complete thing would look that way:
Prefix Description (model name) Thread subject
Ford F 350 with 350 PS, black, 1069 kilometers

After that the post with pricing and so on Wink

Best regards

sorry but i can't understand you my friend!

can you explain?
Realistically this is the purpose of the plugin system. It's not difficult to do what you are describing using it.
Pages: 1 2