MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2.12 - The Latest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Im thinking of upgrading my forum to the latest version, but theres a few things im unsure about.

1st of all, ive read that as my version is pretty older than a normal upgrade, i need to download the latest version from the site, but will that mean i lose all my threads/posts, members, post icons, bbcodes etc etc

If the upgrade keeps the current stuff i already have, how do i do this?
Please be aware, im rather a noob at installing/upgrading.

Thanks
Hi, you can upgrade your forum to MyBB 1.4 without losing your forums data.

You can find instructions on how to do this at the following links:
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgra...an_upgrade

And

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgra...he_Upgrade

Regards,
Chris.
what about my current avatars, bbcodes, post icons etc etc i have on my current forum?
If you make a backup you can keep all your data.

You can download your uploaded avatars from your FTP if you want, the rest should be contained in the backup (as the URL), same with other images, but if the BBcodes were created from a plugin, they won't work.
that shouldnt be a problem apart from 1 plugin.

The hide tag.

i was using it for my old forum (1.2.12) & although ive found 1 for 1.4, there are no instructions for it
And I HIGHLY recommend you disable and even delete any plugins you don't need.
well? what about the hide thingy for 1.4?
Well I know how it works... It will probably go to ./Inc/plugins.
Quote:well? what about the hide thingy for 1.4?

Deactivate, Delete, Upgrade and then install the 1.4x version of the plugin. Since that's just a mycode style plugin it won't have negative effects by not having it on your forum till you upgrade.

The only thing that stinks is stuff like MYPS where it has changes to the user table that are not converted during the upgrade process. Yes you could back up the info and manually upgrade with the MYPS but it's not as simple.

Can you list your plugins? I can give you advice on which ones to delete or deactivate or the best upgrade method not to lose data.