MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to downgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to finish off my forum and go live but am not 100% confident about 1.4.2. I still have the problem with attachments not working and I don't have as much mileage on 1.4.2 as I have on 1.4.0 and so there is the uncertainty of what else I might find after this problem and the double configuration entries problem. My gut feel is that 1.4.0 is more reliable.

So, I am considering installing a fresh 1.4.0 to give live with. However, I understand that the database structure may be different between 1.4.0 and 1.4.2 so it may not be as simple as doing a backup and then doing a restore.

Are the differences documented somewhere? Is it something that I can manage through phpMyAdmin?

Thanks
You can't downgrade the tables unless you edit them manually, that's the thing... don't know how big the table changes from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2 where though.

Unless you want to edit the tables yourself, you'll have to use the last 1.4.0 backup you had.