MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Admin CP / Users search bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's the third time i report this bug, and till now not fixed ...
Hope it will be fixed finally, it is an important issue.

Search by posting IP, it returns all users.

It doesn't work from all ways,
- FIND USER menu
- In each user's profile, on "Show users who have posted with this IP"

Search by Registered IP works perfectly, i suggest to make the same with this bug.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group
Try replacing your /admin/modules/user/users.php file with this one:
It works, but TOO slow, it appears in 10 minutes and mysql-server process takes ~95% of CPU to run these instructions ((( it is slowing down the host ...
That's not a problem with MyBB. It's either a plugin / modification causing the issue or your server is too slow for what is actually needed by your forum.
(2008-09-28, 06:12 AM)mihails_univers Wrote: [ -> ]It works, but TOO slow, it appears in 10 minutes and mysql-server process takes ~95% of CPU to run these instructions ((( it is slowing down the host ...
How many posts do you have on your board? I used a subquery to check, which can potentially be slow.

On my board with 176,812 posts and 7609 users, the query completes in 1.93 seconds (note, this is on MyBB 1.2, and a LIKE is being used against the ipaddress column, which is slower than the longipaddress used in MyBB 1.4).
(2008-09-28, 07:36 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a problem with MyBB. It's either a plugin / modification causing the issue or your server is too slow for what is actually needed by your forum.

You are wrong, it works slow only when I execute this query (search by postip, written by ZiNgA BuRgA).

(2008-09-28, 08:02 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-28, 06:12 AM)mihails_univers Wrote: [ -> ]It works, but TOO slow, it appears in 10 minutes and mysql-server process takes ~95% of CPU to run these instructions ((( it is slowing down the host ...
How many posts do you have on your board? I used a subquery to check, which can potentially be slow.

On my board with 176,812 posts and 7609 users, the query completes in 1.93 seconds (note, this is on MyBB 1.2, and a LIKE is being used against the ipaddress column, which is slower than the longipaddress used in MyBB 1.4).

I use MyBB 1.4.2.
Total users = 1,625
Total posts = 41,000

Have you tried to use the users.php you attached on the 1.4.2 ?

Something is wrong with new queries ...

Loot at my screens :
Try running this query manually then and see how long it takes:
SELECT uid FROM mybb_users u WHERE EXISTS (SELECT uid FROM mybb_posts WHERE longipaddress='1551027346' AND uid=u.uid)

Also, what's your system specs? The query shouldn't take more than a few seconds, even on rather old hardware.
Empty set (12 min 33.71 sec)

I have no idea what happens, why it takes so long.

System:
Intel® Celeron® CPU 1.80GHz
RAM - 1 GB
OS - FreeBSD 6.0
MySQL - 5.0
PHP - 5.2.5
Apache - 2.0
That's way too long for your DB size and system specs...
What's the page generation time for your index.php?

Also, can you try the following?
- add a "normal" (not unique) index to longipaddress in mybb_posts
- OPTIMIZE (all tables in) the database

Run the query after doing that and see how long it takes.
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2