MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Css questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the new version and am finding my way around making themes.

I noticed the reply box (message editor?) is now in it's own folder with it's own stylesheet.

How do I get the editor to match my theme without it affecting the default or any other theme?

I tried importing a style sheet but that does not really work.
Top it off the text box to work in on the advanced mode does not accept one's formatting if you copy and paste it in from my hd to the area.

What about just creating my own? I'm not sure that works either. Should I put the images in their own folder too? That's if i change the button images that is.

Is there something obvious and easy that I missed somewhere?
I think I figured this out for anyone interested. I'm not sure if this is the "normal" way to do this or not but I managed it and found I can even get tons more flexibility in this than I expected!

I simply copied the editor folder of my choice, completely reworked the style sheet and images, renamed the folder and uploaded it to the the same directory (jscripts/editor_themes) the original editor folders are in and then selected it from the list in the style editor in the admin panel for my theme.

Now I can customize any editor for any site's theme! Big Grin