MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: view only own posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey

Is there a update for this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-22432-page-1.html to mybb 1.4, or is there a plugin or something?
(so, a user (and admins) can only see his own post)

Because I can't find it.

Thanks

Koen
There is indeed... give me a minute.

Edit: There was one in the Mods section, I downloaded it... but it doesn't come up in the search now Confused
When you start a new board, you can always set subscribed thread notification to "No email notification," then when you go to your subscribed threads page, it will show all the threads you've posted in.

phpBB3 has a similar system, shows only threads (not posts) that you've posted in though, and threads cannot be removed from that list, which I dislike.
(2008-09-28, 02:02 AM)iyeru Wrote: [ -> ]When you start a new board, you can always set subscribed thread notification to "No email notification," then when you go to your subscribed threads page, it will show all the threads you've posted in.

phpBB3 has a similar system, shows only threads (not posts) that you've posted in though, and threads cannot be removed from that list, which I dislike.
Yes

But it must be so, that a user post a new thread en he only can see it. So everyone can only see his own posts in a specific board.
MyBB Central has it.
If you want a link to find their own posts next to search, member list etc, use this:
<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/forums/search.php?action=finduser&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}">Find My Posts</a>

It creates this URL when clicked:
www.yoursite.com/forums/search.php?action=finduser&uid=1

And it will show posts by that user Smile
No, I think what he means is that the user can only see the threads/posts made by hm/her in a specific forum. Say, they have to post their Address, Phone No, and other private stuff for a contest. There are a lot so they can't PM it, so they post it. They wouldn't want someone to see it. Again, MyBB Central has it. I'm not sure if I can start a thread here though...I don't think Labrocca made it though...
Ohh I see... so that plugin only shows threads by you, but the admin can see them all?? Clever...
No, I search an update for this

When you have a forum. A user can only see what he has post and not what other users had post. And you can set the permission by group.

But after so much time, I still haven't found a solution for 1.4.x

Someone?? On mybbcentral, they said I find it here. Here they said I find it on mybbcentral.. Sad

Thanx
I don't think it exists, but it has been requested as a future feature, so maybe one day it'll be included in MyBB Smile
Pages: 1 2