MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I got the following when I tried to install Mybb on my site. I chmoded ./inc/settings.php, ./inc/config.php to 666 and when I reached admin on my browser, it returned the following lines. Any clue guys?

Warning: main(./inc/db_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/chiefsaab/public_html/forum/global.php on line 57

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/chiefsaab/public_html/forum/global.php on line 57
Aint it 755 that you have to chmod them files?

According to the errors your missing db_.php in your inc directory...
Dale Wrote:Aint it 755 that you have to chmod them files?
Before the installation, you have to chmod settings.php and config.php to 666 (i.e. make sure that PHP can write to them).

After installation, you can you can chmod config.php back to 755 for extra security Smile
Dale Wrote:According to the errors your missing db_.php in your inc directory...

This file is very much there.

Tochjo Wrote:Before the installation, you have to chmod settings.php and config.php to 666 (i.e. make sure that PHP can write to them).

After installation, you can you can chmod config.php back to 755 for extra security

This is exactly what is written in the installation guide and this is exactly what I did. Tell me something new guys.
Being rude isn't going to fix anything. Are you installing or upgrading? What script are you running?
I've always CHMODed my files to 777, and it runs perfectly.

Maybe it's because you CHMODed to 666?

* Ryan Ashbrook tests this
Matt Light Wrote:Being rude isn't going to fix anything. Are you installing or upgrading? What script are you running?

In no way I meant to be rude. But if it looks or someone feels so, I sincerely apologize. Smile
I don't understand, I did a chmod to 666 and it still worked.

It must be some kind of server issue...
It was a problem on my side which I solved Smile Thanx guys.