MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disabling full edit option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an option or a way to disable FULL edit option for registered users..so that they wont have the ability to change the title/or subject of the post they've started...
this is a terrible idea
That is a pretty weird idea, what if they want to add some MyCode but don't know the tags, or want to upload something to their post??

But if you really want to do this I guess you could maybe edit the template that has the code for the Full Edit link in it.
Big Grin i knew you would say that...just dont want my users to edit subject/titles.. they can edit the content inside the thread but not the tittle/suject ...I have noticed most forum software that ive tested have this option...so if you dont mind how do i go by navigating template that has the code for the Full Edit link in it. seems like i cant find that template..thanks
postbit_edit

Remove {$lang->postbit_full_edit}

But then you can't full edit either... and if you remove the line to edit the title from a template, again you won't be able to either.