MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS Stylesheets and Whaa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason, every time I edit a plugin (by activating/deactivating), then it simply loses its stylesheet thing and the link to the View Forum on the ACP is different on every page. Each time, I re-upload my whole forum directory I saved on my computer. Is there a way to prevent this? It's happened about fifteen times in the past four days. It also occurs when I change a stylesheet or something. Not that I delete anything, but... yeah. How am I supposed to prevent this?

Do I have to re-install MyBB? I can save the showthread.php file so none of the posts are lost, but what about the users?

Forum URL

I don't want to keep uploading the file over and over.
the posts aren't saved in showthread.php file..
and this problem maybe in the plugin you active and deactive
OK then, but I deactivated a shoutbox and it messed stuff up. I once tried adding the CSS for the [spoiler] BBCode, but it did the same. I'm 100% sure it's some other problem.

Please tell me where the data for the posts, users,, everything is saved...?
(2008-09-27, 11:17 PM)Cultred Wrote: [ -> ]OK then, but I deactivated a shoutbox and it messed stuff up. I once tried adding the CSS for the [spoiler] BBCode, but it did the same. I'm 100% sure it's some other problem.

Please tell me where the data for the posts, users,, everything is saved...?

They're stored in your MySQL database.
Oh, they are? So, that means that I can make a new installation and it'll work?
(2008-09-28, 12:48 AM)Cultred Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, they are? So, that means that I can make a new installation and it'll work?

Yes. Re-installing the board does not affect your posts.
What about if I do an installation of a different version?

Oh and this is unrelated but how do I edit "templates"?
You cannot mix and match different file versions and MyBB database versions.
What about, since my normal one is v1.4.1, I use v1.4.2? Will it work if I do a fresh installation?
no, you will need to do a upgrade not a fresh installation
Pages: 1 2