MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best hosting in Australia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know, i am staff at creative hoster and it is not hosted in Australia.
I dont understand why anyone would want to host their site in Australia? You pay a LOT more for what?
Well as i live in Australia it is alot easier for me (and people who i do design for who are Australian businesses) to deal with. There is also the issue of speed as obviously the closer to the server you are the quicker it will be. As i have said before, i am happy to host my own sites offshore but i would like to give the people who i am working for the option and i could have just picked the first one in google for Australian web host but i thought i would ask to see if anyone had any experience with Australian hosting and could offer me some advice. Its the same as how people in the uk would prefer to host in the uk.
Not sure if it's the best, but I've had experience with Mercness and we were fairly satisfied with them. I say fairly because there were a few hiccups (only because we were trying to start a game server that Mercness has never seen before) but we were not charged for the time that the server was not able to function.

Maybe something to keep in mind, it seems at present they are down for some maintenance.. Huh
Ok thanks rh1n0, they are still offline so i will have a look when they come back online. Their domain pricing looks pretty reasonable for an Australian registrar so maybe their hosting will be the same.
Tim, i reccomend a business called Common Cents Solutions, http://commoncents.net.au

They're really good, i have a few sites hosted with them. Support is top notch, If you have a chat to me on msn i might be able to get you a discount.
Im from Australia and choose to be hosted in Australia.
Why well i like to keep the $ in Australia and a few $ here or there dont bother me.
The host i use is CrazyDomains. There up time is excellent. No downtime noticed in nearly a year.
But only get 1 database and 1 gig of storage in the basic package which is pretty crap. And there support is really only good if you call them.
I would not change though. I have at least 15 domains with them at the moment.
Hey thanks DAMINK, the middle plan on CrazyDomains looks exactly like what i was after and it is cheaper than i was expecting to pay.

Edit: do they use cpanel DAMINK? It is not a big issue if they don't and also do you know how many mysql databases the middle and top plans come with as it dosnt say but i can probably get by with one anyway.
Hey Tim. Yes i use Cpanel on crazydomains.
And they have bumped up there packages.
5 sql databases for min package. I think unlimited for next 2. I have the big boy package now and its unlimited bandwidth, unlimited databases and unlimited space. Well unlimited everything.
Hey

I know some people who have used http://www.mdwebhosting.com.au/ and they say there very good have a look at there plans.
Pages: 1 2 3