MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Login Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I am playing around with v 1.4 of MyBB before upgrading from 1.2 but am having a problem with the 'quick login' feature of 1.4. (This is with a clean install of 1.4 in to a test folder btw Smile )

If I click on 'Login as an existing user' and then enter my login details and click the Login button all works fine and I am logged in.

However, if I take a copy of the portal file and move it outside the folder where I installed v1.4 of MyBB, (making the changes to the php file so it still links to the forum) and then try to use the quick login at the top of the screen, when I click on the Login button it just comes up with page not found error 404.

Now the really confusing bit! If you are familiar with the portal file you will know there is also a login box a within the body of the page itself. If I use that Login box it logs in fine! So I am totally confused as to why the quick login option at the top of the page does not work outside the root forum folder if the other login section does.

I do like the quick login option and would like to get it working. The reason I am moving the portal file outside the forum root is I am testing this out for a wider site integration and so want to get this working first. Is this a bug, or am I just missing something.

I have been hunting for where the code is stored for the quick login at the top of the screen (have found it in the guest login templates, but was wondering if there was something I needed to do to the actual code the actions the post when you click on the login button.

Hope someone can help or shed some light on this.

Thanks for any help you can provide everyone Smile
because the quick login box it's inherited from the normal forum quick login box
which post it's data to member.php file that located in the same folder, eg, the quick login box displayed in this url site.com/index.php, so the data will be posted to site.com/member.php

but the login box that used in the portal body, it's used the forum url that you just edited it to direct to the right forum folder
pepotiger, you are a star Big Grin Cool

thanks very much. Now I can build my external pages to integrate to the forum.

Cheers Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
you are welcome mate Smile