MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT, please. Sudden MySQL error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread. My forum was working absolutely fine till yesterday and while I was visiting it today for the first time and the homepage wouldn't show, get this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Query:
    [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server 

The admin panel displays the same error.

What should I do?

Thanks very much for your help!
First off, is your host's SQL up? Do other SQL scripts on your site work? This could be that temporarily your host's database server is down.

BMR777
Other scripts are not working and other websites on my server are down too. You're probably right, the whole MySQL server probably went down and I cannot even reach the server administrators for support. What can I do?
This is something that is basically out of your hands. Either you have to get in contact with your host to straighten it out or you have to wait until the host probably reboots the server or gets the SQL up and running again.

This is a host issue though.

BMR777
If your host has a support forum, best to post it there.
The whole SQL server is down. I can't even reach their site, full of MySQL errors.

I guess i'll just have to wait, then.

Thanks to all who have helped.