MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sitemap Generator v1.4.0RC2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
<lastmod>1970-01-01</lastmod>
<changefreq>daily</changefreq>

is it a bug?
I would say so, Google Webmasters keep throwing up errors, and it's always due to dates like that. I always seem to have the 12th December 1969...
(2008-11-30, 09:20 PM)mavericck Wrote: [ -> ]From now on, i'll have a bit more time to spend improving this plugin, and adding the spicefuse seo integration. Please wait for the stable release Wink

Instead of hardcoding the forum links in your plugin, as you currently seem to be doing, can't you make use of the get_forum/thread/*_link() functions from inc/functions.php? Right now your plugin not only has no support for a third party SEO plugin, but it also does not support the MyBB official SEO if a user decides to set custom values for the FORUM_URL / THREAD_URL etc. variables (for example translated forum/threads/user into their native language).
It appears that if a thread is moved, and you leave a pointer thread, the sitemap will include the pointer thread with this information
<lastmod>1969-12-31</lastmod>

which makes google's webmaster tools complain

Is there a way to omit moved threads?
Just a heads up guys, if you manually add a last modified date to the thread (through phpmyadmin), your sitemap will work correctly - well... it will submit the moved thread to google, which it probably shouldn't, but google won't complain as much.
(2008-12-06, 10:57 AM)walf_man Wrote: [ -> ]<lastmod>1970-01-01</lastmod>

is it a bug?

It could be caused by a corrupted value of "lastpost" field, in the thread row (mybb_threads table). Can you tell me which value appears in lastpost field of a thread inserted with the 1970 date into the sitamap?

(2008-12-06, 11:22 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of hardcoding the forum links in your plugin, as you currently seem to be doing, can't you make use of the get_forum/thread/*_link() functions from inc/functions.php?

Right now your plugin not only has no support for a third party SEO plugin, but it also does not support the MyBB official SEO if a user decides to set custom values for the FORUM_URL / THREAD_URL etc. variables (for example translated forum/threads/user into their native language).

I'll take this into account Wink
Thanks.

(2008-12-06, 11:22 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Since I did not receive a reply here, I added Sitemap support to my Google SEO plugin; it supports Google SEO links (and links of any other SEO that uses get_*_link() functions), and it's generated dynamically, so when Google decides to access the Sitemap, it will get up-to-date information, and not something that was possibly generated up to 24 hours ago.
I'm very pleased that you are writing such a powerful plugin, with an open source license too. But if you want to advertise it, please use your own thread. Thanks.

mavericck
(2008-12-23, 08:48 PM)mavericck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-06, 10:57 AM)walf_man Wrote: [ -> ]<lastmod>1970-01-01</lastmod>

is it a bug?

It could be caused by a corrupted value of "lastpost" field, in the thread row (mybb_threads table). Can you tell me which value appears in lastpost field of a thread inserted with the 1970 date into the sitamap?

This is caused when you move a post, and leave a redirect in the original forum. It leaves a value of 0
I've tried a few times, and it leaves the lastpost value intact. However, to definitively fix this issue, you can put
lastpost > 946684800 AND closed NOT LIKE '%moved%'
string in thread sitemap generation custom clause. It will exclude the corrupted rows, and moved pointers from indexing.

mavericck
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /inc/functions_sitemap_generator.php on line 323
@myb123

too many items to index. Try to use a "lastpost > xxx" custom clause to exclude very old items from the sitemap.

mavericck
thanks mavericck,

when I exclude very old thread from the sitemap, do google delete my old thread link at index of google search?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11