MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect problems with language pack. Global 1.4 problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are some problems in MyBB 1.4.2 when using a different language pack (in my case it's the Dutch language pack). For some reason redirecting within the forum doesn't work how it should. These are the bugs that I've encountered so far:

Posting a reply
blank page after posting. The reply is posted when you check the thread. If you disable "Friendly Redirection Pages" this problem disappears.

Opening new pages within forum
If you open anything new like a new thread, go to the member list or anything else within the forum you get a blank page with "" for about 1 second before the real page is loaded.

Deleting posts while in a thread as admin
This gives an error (see attachment) when the langauge is set to Dutch. If it's set to American there are no errors.

[attachment=11232]

This is what I've found out so far. Does anyone see a structural problem? Do people have this problem with other language packs? Has the redirecting system changed since 1.2?
I think you have been edited the global.lang.php with your notpad any way re-upload fresh one will solve this problem..
if you didn't edited the file and it's just fresh one, and the problem still happen
just attach this file here and I'll fix it for you (I'd like to see your forum url too, to be sure what encoding I'll use in case it's not utf-8)

and after all of that I think it'll a good idea to tell the language creator to attention to this error..

BTW, if you using the mybb 1.2 lang files on mybb 1.4 installation so this problem will never fixed till you update your lang pack..
Hi Pepotiger, I did change some language files from the Dutch language pack (global.lang.php, usercp.lang.php and usercpnav.lang.php, the right version). Like you said, I reuploaded the original files and you were right, it works perfectly now as far as I can tell! Smile

But what did I do wrong? I changed a few translations to suit my need a bit better... Is that not possible, will the whole language pack get corrupt that way?

In global.lang.php I changed the following entities:
Quote:$l['welcome_usercp'] = "GebruikersCS";
$l['welcome_modcp'] = "ModeratorsCS";
$l['welcome_admin'] = "BeheerdersCS";

In usercp.lang.php I changed:
Quote:$l['nav_usercp'] = "Gebruikersconfiguratiescherm";

And in usercpnav.lang.php I changed:
Quote:$l['ucp_nav_home'] = "Begin GebruikersCS";
well, it's not that changes you made that cause the corrupt but it's the program that you used in the modification you need to edit this sentences directly from the ACP, or use any php editor that allow you to choose which encoding to save the files with.. and choose the same encoding as your lang encoding
Ah I see, thank you very much! Smile