MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help me urgently!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am to change my server from VPS to dedicated...

The problem is the VPS we had had php 4 & mysql 4.1....now with the dedi. we will have the latest version for those(along with other features)...

Can someone please point out if there is any chance of any problem if we just move? I mean the difference in version, can it cause serious troubles?

I will be backing up for sure...but if I can't restore the backup on the latest version, then it will be pretty useless.

Thanks.
I just passed the same thing since several months a go.
I was on unix using php 4 and mysql 4 and moved to another host that provide only
php 5 and mysql 5 and everything went smoothly without any problem (but only one plugin that was need to be modified to work correctly)
but anyway I'd advice you not to left your current VPS before making sure that everything is working as well in your new dedicated server..

BTW, Congratulations for your new dedicated server..
(2008-09-29, 04:13 PM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]I just passed the same thing since several months a go.
I was on unix using php 4 and mysql 4 and moved to another host that provide only
php 5 and mysql 5 and everything went smoothly without any problem (but only one plugin that was need to be modified to work correctly)
but anyway I'd advice you not to left your current VPS before making sure that everything is working as well in your new dedicated server..

BTW, Congratulations for your new dedicated server..

Wow that is useful info mate Smile

Actually I am going for dedicated with the same server I am using as VPS...so there shouldn't be much hassle other than keeping a good backup for myself.

I can go for it now I gues...I don't use too many plugins, so hopefully the problems should be less.

I will update if I can successfully do it Smile

Thank you very much.
Also download a copy of your files - if you do encounter any problems, you'll have your files and the database to restore.
no problem mate..
also as its dedicated and a new version of mysql or php causes big errors you have the control to downgrade to older versions anyway