MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mysql error ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this is the following error guys hope you help

Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

regards
rakz
every thing is fine and well set up ... i have used the same settings of database with phpbb and was working good ...
What is your database name??
mysql... iam trying to install in my own machine first implement all the effects so that i could host it ... i used easyphp and mysql v 5 for this

regards
rakesh
So the name of your actual database is 'mysql'??
Isn't there already a default table in mySQL 5 called "mysql" that you shouldn't delete? Undecided

Either way, just seems as though you have wrong details - triple check everything you entered.

Also, check that you're using "mySQL" and not "MySQLi" for myBB...
Did you always use a database called 'mysql'?? Remember this isn't the type of database, but the name of the database itself.

From all the installations I've done, you can only connect to 'localhost' if your database name and username have a prefix to them (for example 'raaki_'). It's usually the name you use to log into your control panel, than a _. If you want to use a database name with no prefix, you can't conenct to 'localhost', it's usually something like mysqlhost.something.com.
(2008-09-30, 09:56 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Did you always use a database called 'mysql'?? Remember this isn't the type of database, but the name of the database itself.

From all the installations I've done, you can only connect to 'localhost' if your database name and username have a prefix to them (for example 'raaki_'). It's usually the name you use to log into your control panel, than a _. If you want to use a database name with no prefix, you can't conenct to 'localhost', it's usually something like mysqlhost.something.com.

your findings must be from coincidence, theres no relation at all its down to the individual setup.

many hosts just auto put your username infront of your database name so they can easily see who owns what database
(2008-09-30, 11:54 AM)goughy000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-30, 09:56 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Did you always use a database called 'mysql'?? Remember this isn't the type of database, but the name of the database itself.

your findings must be from coincidence, theres no relation at all its down to the individual setup.

many hosts just auto put your username infront of your database name so they can easily see who owns what database

I just checked and that's what byethost does, yeah. Thinking about it that's how they all were Rolleyes

I was thinking of the fact that 'localhost' won't work with byethost, it never has when using any host that uses Vista Panel, same when I just tested.
figured out the solution ...

you need to have to do this in access to make db accessible as mybb latest version still not compatible with user privileges in mysql..

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'phpBB2user'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('dbpassword');

new/improved authentication protocol that is used by MySQL 4.1/5.0...and mybb dosent support it still ..

and by the way i even tried with smf and its also a good one ..

regards
rakesh
i wouldn't say this is a mybb only problem, it should be something to do with your PHP version i'd say.
Pages: 1 2