MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread/Catagory Group Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Iv set the primary group permissions and those work the way they're suppose to, when I got to make a new thread/catagory and set the group permissions for it, they dont work. I've tried setting permissions for bother the catagory AND each thread in the catagory and it still allows the members NOT aloud to view, to view it anyway. This has been very aggrivating and I have had to result to putting pass words on each thread to stop others from be able to see the threads in question, and actually havign to tell everyone that IS aloud the thread the new password. How can I fix this?
I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're after but I think the forum permissions inherit from the permissions set out in the Group Settings. So if you make sure they're what you want there, they should show as that in the permissions section of the new forum, and you can then edit them for that specific forum.
Well like I said I've tried that. They do inherit the permissions of the original groups BUT I have went in a serperately administered specific permissions for each user in the individual Catagory and Thread permissions list.
bump.....