MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mass move users from group to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i would like to ask abt what query to execute (or what to do Big Grin) so i can move every one from user group A to B, example make all my not activated accounts become registered members

thanks in advance
I haven't tested this, but would it be possible to set up a promotion and set the 'Original User Group' to what they're in now and the 'New User Group' to what you want them to go to?? Then you can just delete that promotion type when they've been moved.
In a database manager (such as PHPMyAdmin)

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = 'x' WHERE `usergroup` = 'y'

Change x to their current usergroup, and y to the usergroup where you want them to be. This should work but bear in mind, I haven't tested this either...
That makes more sense.

There should be a way to activate all users awaiting activation in one go though IMO.
(2008-09-30, 03:53 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]In a database manager (such as PHPMyAdmin)

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = 'x' WHERE `usergroup` = 'y'

Change x to their current usergroup, and y to the usergroup where you want them to be. This should work but bear in mind, I haven't tested this either...

sorry but X and Y are the Id's not the name of the groups, right?
thanks for your help Smile

(2008-09-30, 03:56 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]That makes more sense.

There should be a way to activate all users awaiting activation in one go though IMO.

thanks for your help, i'll try and see how it works Smile
Correct... just change x and y to the ID of the usergroups you want to change...
thanks a lot Smile