MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing the Calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way I can completely remove the calendar? And I don't mean like, disable it, I mean, completely remove it. Like, so when a user goes to /calendar.php, they get a 404 error.

I tried the following:

Deleted the calendar.php file - gave me PHP errors
Deleted the main calendar template - Didn't do anything (?)
Tried to .htaccess /calendar.php to send it to a 404 page - Gave me a 500 Error on the entire forum.

Please help Smile
Try Meta refresh. Remove the contents of calendar.php, and replace it with:

<html><head><META http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=xyz"></head><body>Redirecting...</body></html>

Bear in mind not every browser can handle meta refresh, but most modern ones do, so 98% of the visitors to your website will be OK.

Remove the link to the calendar, and replace xyz with your forum index URL. That should work. Not 100% sure why it wouldn't work through htaccess though... what code were you using?...
I was using a 301 Redirect.

As for a META, I don't want to redirect. If I did, I would have used a PHP Redirect.

I simply want to wipe it off of the forums, as if it was never there. Meaning, calendar.php should get you a 404 error.
Well I guess you'd have to remove every instance of 'calendar' across the entire board which so isn't worth it.

What's wrong with using a redirect??
If htaccess didn't work, and you don't want a refresh, then the only practical way is to delete it. If I delete the calendar file I get a 404 error... what php error did it give you?...
Alright, it works now. Thanks.
Why do you so desperately want to remove the calendar?
(2008-09-30, 07:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you so desperately want to remove the calendar?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Because I just don't like the features, and I prefer to completely remove it, rather than have a useless page.

It's all or nothing for me.
Why not just remove the link?? I mean who would actually try and type calendar.php in the URL bar?? Toungue
Pages: 1 2