MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your Favorite Host?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-10-01, 02:50 AM)onel0ve Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyöne say any cheap pay host which have 800gb up space and unlimited bandwidth

800gb? You would need a dedicated server for that much disk space.
"Unlimited bandwidth" is just a tacky sales ploy.
:| ya bro i need it coz i upload song so that i need it
You know, over 10 hours of music in MP3 format will fit on a 700MB CD. You can put weeks worth of music on a 30GB MP3 player.
(2008-10-01, 02:50 AM)onel0ve Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyöne say any cheap pay host which have 800gb up space and unlimited bandwidth

Hostgator.com is a fairly good host. I've used them for several websites.

They oversell mayor but you can get a "1 terabyte" plan with "unlimited" bandwith for $14.95/month (no contract).

BUT I'm sure that their Policy does not permit you to overload the server and I'm sure they have some clausules to keep the overselling working. So if it's possible to actually use all the space/bandwith before getting suspended is a BIG question.

To get the thing you want (unlimited bandwith is not possible though) with quality bandwith and reassurance that your website will stay up you'll need to look deep into your pocket and get a dedicated thing for probably $350 or higher.
I guess you get what you pay for lol.

No Money - Average, Maybe below Average Service and Uptime

Money - Exceeds Average Service and Uptime.

I plan to put ads on my forum to pay for hosting XD. I have no Part-Time job yet.

Hostgator looked really good.

Thanks for replying guys Smile
(2008-10-01, 04:28 AM)onel0ve Wrote: [ -> ]:| ya bro i need it coz i upload song so that i need it

Watch out if you don't have the rights to the song most hosts will remove it or just take down your whole site for copyright infringment.
I use SurpassHosting because of the price, features, and the support. Thus far they've had the best support, and most uptime of any host that I've ever used. They even transferred me to a newer server so I can develop things with PHP 5.3.

http://surpasshosting.com/

While yes, there is some overselling going on (can't sell 200gb disk space and 2tb transfer in a basic account without overselling) but I haven't found a ToS restriction on the user for their overselling. And if someone bogs a server down they're investigated to check.
I used to be on a shared host with "xxx GB of space" - typically after using around 15GB, they'll ask you to delete files.

Last time I checked, the cost for an unmetered 100Mbps port was close to US$2000/month.
I will admit that when you hit over 5gb of disk space, the question pops into my head about what I'd do with it. Admittedly, I'm a programmer and planned to do things and release stuff and would need a fair amount; but thus far my consumption of even what I had planned has been laughable.

In any event, with selling that high on the bandwidth Surpass helps out smaller sites with a high visitation rate. One was exceeding its transfer limit, but for the same cost Surpass had a higher uptime and virtually no bandwidth issues.

I did check again last night, and the ToS doesn't mention anything about the members being responsible for the overselling. The only time they would investigate was in the event of intensive server scripts that "flood" the server, and degrade everyone's performance.

One thing you guys are forgetting about is known as statistical compression. Not in algorithms but in use and throughput. The likelihood that all users use their full capacity and the full CPU allotment is low, therefore some of that overselling is due to statistical compression. On occasion there will be load, and on occasion there will be a server with a high percentage of usage ... but in a good host this will never be a problem because they will monitor this. If you have trouble due to overselling then it is because of the host more than the tactic itself. (Because ISPs, WLANs, and cell phone companies do it all the time, and people rarely ever label it "overselling" in those areas.)
I used 987mb.com for a while. When they first started out, they gave away 100 GB of space and 200 GB of bandwidth. Now, that is what you get with the premium plan. On the free side, you get 50GB of space and 50GB of bandwidth. The restrictions on PHP are kind of annoying but what host doesn't have those?
I don't use them any more because the free side has had problem after problem. I guess at one time the hard drive on the server got filled and the software company (I'm assuming LayerdPanel) nuked half of the accounts. Now they have fixed that problem but they continue to have problems with timeout errors, services going in and out, etc. According to them, the software company is fixing things and in the process breaking other things.
The day after I moved to a diffrent host, they gave everyone on the free side one month of free premium hosting to make up for the months of problems.

Anyway, I'm, using Creative Hoster now. I'm very happy with them.
Pages: 1 2