MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hiding Reputation points from members/ staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the previous version of Mybb I got some help to make rep points visible to only the user receiving them.

The same code edit does not work on 1.4. Can someone assist me in editing reputation.php so that only the receiving user is able to view their reputation points? These are private, for us, I only have about 12 people.

Thanks!
Open reputation.php, and find (near the bottom):

$reputation_vote['comments'] = $parser->parse_message($reputation_vote['comments'], $reputation_parser);
		eval("\$reputation_votes .= \"".$templates->get("reputation_vote")."\";");

and replace with:

if($mybb->user["username"] == $user['username']){
		$reputation_vote['comments'] = $parser->parse_message($reputation_vote['comments'], $reputation_parser);
		eval("\$reputation_votes .= \"".$templates->get("reputation_vote")."\";");
		}

I've only tested it a little bit, but it seems to work for me (a Root Admin and guest can't see it, but the user can). The comments can't be seen but the rest of the reputation page can... I can't code something at the moment to be able to let the entire page be visable only to the user, as you'll have to setup a compromise...

Hope this helps...
It works! most excellent. Thank you!
Can someone help me with modifying this code so that Admins can also view Reputation Comments?