MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login on Forum and Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there,

Its been fine all the time until this morning, now when I login it say:

You have successfully been logged in.
You will now be taken back to where you came from.

and than nothing, same situation on admin, so I know its not problem with cookie.

Every time when I login in admin it show me message:

You have successfully been logged in.
You will now be taken back to where you came from.

and front page with all option but after I want to click somewhere I need to login again, and I cant save nothing what I change.

Any idea?
The Search function is your friend...

Check out the myBB Wiki on Cookie Settings. That fixes almost every problem with login issues.

If it doesn't work, and it won't let you login to the ACP, then you need to edit your ./inc/settings.php file with the correct cookie settings...
Yes, it almost is invariably to do with cookie settings. I have also seen the reverse problem - not being able to log out.

However, one minor gripe - why does MyBB have to show a message saying that we have been successfully logged in or out when we obviously haven't? I would suggest some code in a future release to detect actual status of log-in/out and report more accurately.
(2008-10-01, 08:45 AM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]However, one minor gripe - why does MyBB have to show a message saying that we have been successfully logged in or out when we obviously haven't? I would suggest some code in a future release to detect actual status of log-in/out and report more accurately.

Simply because there is no way to do that. If we could, we would.
the login function working and something similar as the following progress
1- checking the input data and validate it (username and password)
2- if it's valid data then it's show the friendly message that says you are logged successfuly
3- send the cookies data to allow you to be automatically logged in the next visit to the forum..

so if your cookies settings aren't correct the 3rd step fails and you are asked to login again and again.
and I don't think there is anything the mybb script can do to check whatever the cookies settings are correct or no before validating the user input..
(2008-10-01, 03:26 PM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]3- send the cookies data to allow you to be automatically logged in the next visit to the forum..

so if your cookies settings aren't correct the 3rd step fails and you are asked to login again and again.
and I don't think there is anything the mybb script can do to check whatever the cookies settings are correct or no before validating the user input..
Not even setting a dummy cookie and reading it back to check that cookies are working OK before flashing up the login successful message?
What's the link to your forum, babaroga??
(2008-10-01, 04:43 AM)babaroga Wrote: [ -> ]same situation on admin, so I know its not problem with cookie.
I don't see how your logic is working there because it's precisely what happens when the cookie setting is wrong.

And I know that cookie are supposed not to change but I have my suspicions about that.
(2008-10-01, 04:23 PM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-01, 04:43 AM)babaroga Wrote: [ -> ]same situation on admin, so I know its not problem with cookie.
I don't see how your logic is working there because it's precisely what happens when the cookie setting is wrong.

And I know that cookie are supposed not to change but I have my suspicions about that.

Once mine went blank themselves, never did find out why. Weird.

And babaroga, it is still cookies if it doesn't work in the ACP too.
(2008-10-01, 03:58 PM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-01, 03:26 PM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]3- send the cookies data to allow you to be automatically logged in the next visit to the forum..

Not even setting a dummy cookie and reading it back to check that cookies are working OK before flashing up the login successful message?

I don't think that can be done.. even if am wrong, it'll be very long and slow process to validate the user input, and cookies setting while the user just need to login to be able to use the forum as a member
Pages: 1 2