MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP Docs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just editing an existing document in the help-docs section of my forum....edited it...pressed update...and success....or so the system told me. I then went to check it in the forums itself...and it has disappeared altogether.

The document is still there when looking in the admincp and it is in the database, but for some reason it is not showing up on the forums behing the Help-button (everything else is). This is the only one of the help-docs I've edited/updated yet and I don't dare to touch the rest in fear of them going missing as well as soon as I click on the update-button.

Cheers,
Kimmo

UPDATE: I got it working....but only by disabling the 'Use Translation'. Is there any documentation on what this 'use translation' does and how it could be used?
I don't think this setting has been documented yet, but basically, if enabled, the language files should be check for a translated version of the help document and if none is found, the text from the database is used instead.

Alternatively, if the option is disabled, the language files are not checked for a translation.

I'll look for bugs with this system as soon as I can get the latest revision of the code. Smile