MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restricting themes to certain forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have found where themes may be restricted to certain user types but is there a way of restricting themes to certain sub-forums?

Thanks
Admin CP --> Forum and Posts --> *Select the forum of which you want the theme to be different on and click 'Edit Forum' from the drop down* --> Style Options
If you check 'Yes, override the user's selected style for this forum' and select which theme to use it should set the theme when they view that specific forum.
Give it a try. Smile
Thanks rh1n0 but not quite what I'm after. I'm not trying to restrict forums to just one style. I want to do the opposite - I have one style that is specific to certain sub-forums that I don't used with others. It's a bit like saying "use any style EXCEPT xyz".

Thanks
I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but could you not make that particular theme invisible for people to choose themselves and then set that theme for that forum??
Okay..
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Themes --> *Select the theme you want to restrict access to and click 'Edit Theme' from the drop down* --> Change 'Allowed User Groups' to something like Administrators
What this should do is not allow the theme to be selectable for use in any forum except for where you've told it to be force on (detailed in my previous post). Only those in the Administrator user group will be able to select it.

Hope that works. Smile
Edit: I think that's what Matt_ is getting at too.
Yeah that's what I meant... then they can't select it for the whole board but it'll show in the forum you want it to (as long as you tick the box telling it to override their theme).
Ah, I see what you mean. I was being confused by the ambiguous wording in the ACP. It says "Specify which user groups are allowed to use this theme." and I assumed that it wouldn't work on a forum where the user didn't fall within the permitted group.

The wording should say "Specify which user groups are allowed to select this theme."

It now does what I want it to do. Thanks both.
Ah I see, yeah I agree a slight reword might be needed.

Glad it's working Smile