MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom BBCodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are Custom BBCodes in the To Do List of MyBB? Hehe...
Maybe you guys can add this feature Smile. It's very useful, and, it makes forums have a more unique feel Smile.
I think it's already quite easy to do this with a plugin, as with a plugin, you have ability to do much more than what would possibly be limiting with an ACP page.
But Custom BBCodes are easier for plugin-noobs, which, no offence to anyone, consists of many people.

Whereas, with a Custom BBCode function, you can just copy and paste from a source, or even better, upload it from an XML file.
It really simple to do with the plugin. But you still will need to add the HOOK (one line) to file functions_post but after that you keep all your code in the plugin file!

I am working on a simple Admin Panel page that will allow to create the plugins right in the Admin Panel, so you activate / deactivate / create / delete plugins with ease. I have it almost done. All you will need to do is just replace ./admin/plugins.php with my new one. It will add a new class file to your INC folder the first time it runs.

It has all kinds of neat premade functions like....

custom mycode..

like...

[group=3,1]only can be seen by these group(s)[/group]

then other stuff

multi signatures.. (select signature drop list shown when posting)

world weather = get weather reports in your cp / forum home

spell check = a remote spell checker service for MyBB forums only (no ads)

extend PHP code = show code as (numbered list/array)

core PHP functions URL link to manual ie...

<?
echo nl2br ( $text );
?>

If you want me to show you how to add custom MYBB code just give me a list of the [tags] you want to add also giving me the list of replacements for each of those tag.

printf

Sonds nice what ur are diong Smile
But is it necessary to add a plugin if you want your custom code to be a simple task Big Grin
Why not use the HTML_BBCodeParser package from PEAR? People could then easily create custom filters.

A side note about the idea of using plugins to parse custom BB Code, the $message should be passed as reference in the hook, otherwise only the last plugin will have any effect.
functions_post.php:
$plugins->run_hooks("parse_message", $message);
Then in your plugin:
function test_parse_message(&$message) {
// manipulate $message directly
}
printf - Do you think the group visibility function will be made available seperately from the plugin?
Group Visibility has the same problem as Private - anyone replying to that post would be able to see the BB Code (and hence the "secret" message).