MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My country is in big trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The government is voting for a law to be accepted every pc in the country which has internet access to install a program that would automatically detect illegal files being downloaded and inform the people(which i do not know)
Very bad for Skype/P2P and other Sad
Which country is it?
Bulgaria from his profile
Ouch! Switch to Linux though, I bet they'll just make a Windows version. Also, how can they enforce this? It's probably impossible to do, unless they run a check when you connect to the Internet provider and deny access if software isn't present.

BMR777
it's not that your country in trouble
But it is @siopk
If this happens how do you expect that we live when 90% o the people use P2P
Also there is an upcoming protest about this and i hope this law isnt accepted cause its against the user's privacy(this app is going to send massive data from one's pc)
(2008-10-02, 04:09 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]But it is @siopk
If this happens how do you expect that we live when 90% o the people use P2P
Also there is an upcoming protest about this and i hope this law isnt accepted cause its against the user's privacy(this app is going to send massive data from one's pc)

Use Linux with the wine plugin (for your windows software). They're probably not going to think about creating a Linux version. Like BMR777 said, it's quite hard to actually enforce such a software anyway.
Illegal files mean pirated movies mp3s softwares
internet is not going to fun in your country anymore
i personally don't use any of this but still yeah
More countries should do this. Maybe you shouldn't be downloading illegal material. You are stealing when you do. You might think it's acceptable since your in the comfort of your own home. Would you go to your nearest video game store and steal all the games you wanted? I doubt it because of consequences. The consequences of warez is now becoming evident for you. Eventually all this warez crap will create more laws restricting internet access. It's countries like yours that are screwing up the internet for the rest of us.

The internet has better uses than just downloading free stuff all day. We are becoming a society where FREE is what people think is a right.

Go BULGARIA!
Labrocca, you seem to think that the only use of P2P is in warez and other illegal file sharing activities. I have news for you: P2P is used for a great many valid activities. OCRemix.org uses torrents to offset distribution costs of their ~6gb of music files, all of which are free remixes. The same goes for ModArchive.org, only theirs is a whopping 23gb of tracker media (smaller than mp3) when compressed; all of this music is free and original on their site. Linux is distributed via torrents as well. These are tiny examples I can think of off the top of my head, and I haven't done an ounce of digging.

For a regulation like this to slap a country's usage of P2P will virtually destroy any legitimate uses of this within the country. When bandwidth of websites in countries with lesser infrastructure costs in the hundreds of dollars a year, P2P is the only option. Monitoring the name and meta-data of every file sent through will demand more computing power than their government has. Not only that, but if any transfer of a .mp3 file is terminated then all legitimate transfers are killed immediately too.

I don't like pirating and warez either, but a government mandate won't fix this when the people are educated by their society that digital theft is okay. After all, it's virtual and has no substance, therefore it can't hurt anyone ... or so they may rationalize. If the attitudes of the citizens aren't changed against this illegal sharing, then Bulgaria may see monumental protests because this is a heavy intrusion into a person's privacy.

The attitude is the problem, not the protocol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4