MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Error when activating members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Personally I think it should redirect to where he initially was with the success message versus an error message
(2008-10-21, 01:41 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think it should redirect to where he initially was with the success message versus an error message

That's what it currently does...as far as I can tell.
Well I just don't see the use of the error message, it makes it seem like there is a problem, as opposed to there just being no more members needing activation.
(2008-10-21, 07:04 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-21, 01:41 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think it should redirect to where he initially was with the success message versus an error message

Nope, I can confirm that there is a success message then an error message when you activate the last user awaiting activation
(2008-10-21, 01:41 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope, I can confirm that there is a success message then an error message when you activate the last user awaiting activation

So exactly the same as this screenshot??

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-385...#pid262230

To be honest I think the way to activate could be improved - you could make it so all the users awaiting activation are in a list, and you have 3 check boxes, one for approve/activate, one for delete, and one for ignore. Then you tick the relevant box for each user and then click OK and it does them all at once. I find having to activate each one individually quite tedious.

Exactly like this in the Mod CP when approving posts/threads:

[attachment=11417]

I mean I'm sure there are some boards with 10+ registrations a day, which require admin activation, and the current way is just a bit slow if that's the case.
(2008-10-21, 01:55 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]

yes

(2008-10-21, 04:22 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-21, 01:55 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]

yes

Well yes I can confirm that too. So instead of showing the error message, you want the user to be redirected to the ACP homepage if they entered the search from there, or to the showthread.php?tid=xyz if they clicked on a "bookmark" of the awaiting activation search or something like that?
I think that would be better. It'd just look a bit tidier. Whenever I see a message like that I think that there is something wrong and there isn't here really. IMO the user page would be the best place to go once they've all been activated.
(2008-10-16, 08:58 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like rh1n0's installation might be bugged though, if he confirmed it.
I didn't confirm it. Smile
Just put my thoughts on why it was happening out there.
(2008-10-24, 10:26 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I think that would be better. It'd just look a bit tidier. Whenever I see a message like that I think that there is something wrong and there isn't here really. IMO the user page would be the best place to go once they've all been activated.

I second that Smile
Pages: 1 2 3