MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Matching Password Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You should ask the theme authors for assistance on that.

A quick "fix" could be to remove the quick login form (check the header_welcomeblock_guest template; you'll have to know HTML for this though).
orange, I should have replied when I fixed it.

Tell your users to check their junk mail folder, I bet you their e-mails are in there.

What I did to fix the login problem was take away the header on the registration page. Simple and effective.
No, the emails don't 'hide' in anyone's junk mail folders. The mailings never get sent from the forum. I've tried e-mailing myself, and others too, to test it. The emails never show up.

I'll consider your resolution to the log-in issue, though I'd prefer to not remove any features/functions of MyBB. I have contacted the theme writer and will wait to see if he has a better solution. Hopefully he will fix it and update his themes, which would be better for everyone, IMO. It's possible that he may not have been aware of this issue.

Thanks for all the help.
(2008-10-04, 05:21 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]It's a problem with your theme. I had the same issue myself. The problem is that the Password textbox from your login form conflicts with the password boxes in the registration form. You'll need to change the name of one of them, then write a code modification to recognise the new form field.

Could you please write a brief tutorial on how to do this or answer a few questions such as:

1) how do you change the name of the quick login box?
2) What template file is the code located in that you must modify or where must the code modification be placed?
Necroposting Sad

As far as I know, this only happens with IE. It doesn't like having 3 password boxes. To get around it, if you put the password into the registration form, and then also just type the password into the login field, then submit the registration, it should work.
I need to know which php and template files need to be edited, I will find out everything else.
You shouldn't edit PHP files to sort this. I said what you might be able to do in the other thread you made on this.....
That is ridiculous, it is impossible to tell all potential joiners who use IE to use the guest_welcome password box while filling in their pass on registration. If Yumi can still have quick login box without it effecting registration, why can't we be told how to do so?

What I have so far is that you must change the "name" of the password field from "password" to something like "passwords". When I do that the registration works fine, but the quick login box no longer function. How do I make the new name of the quick login box recognizable. What exactly do I edit to do that?

*EDIT*
As a temporary fix, I completely removed the header from "member_register", however, I would like a solution to this problem so that I can replace header on the registration page.
Pages: 1 2