MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable RSS feeds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone please explain how to disable the RSS feeds for my board?

Thanks in advance
-Fmjc001
Remove the RSS link from the footer?? People won't be able to guess the actual RSS feed URL.
Or remove the syndication.php file...

it's its only job... Wink
Removing PHP files can cause PHP errors in other places.

And if you do that you'll still have to remove the footer link, else people can still click it, and will then get an error/blank screen.
But this file (like calendar.php for example), are specific files with one "function". The don't share functions and data with other files so there aren't any problem...

Just my opinion, sooner a MyBB "mastah" will show me that I'm in a big mistake :/
Can i just set the CHMOD settings on the syndication.php to 000?

That way i can enable it in a few clicks again.
You can just revert the footer template to put it back, that'll be even quicker.
(2008-10-03, 03:52 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You can just revert the footer template to put it back, that'll be even quicker.

I have added my own modifications to the footer. . .
Well then you can view a diff report to find the code that was there.
(2008-10-03, 03:49 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]But this file (like calendar.php for example), are specific files with one "function". The don't share functions and data with other files so there aren't any problem...

Just my opinion, sooner a MyBB "mastah" will show me that I'm in a big mistake :/

I deleted syndication.php and can still view the RSS page. RSS info is in misc.php, hence the URL of the RSS being misc.php?action=syndication
Someone at the MyBB staff would mind to guide us in this topic? Rolleyes

Is there an "option" to just disable the RSS Feeds?
Pages: 1 2