MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP mail not sending - Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
i have the same problem, php mail doesn't work and i don't have smtp
Are you guys using free hosting? A lot of free hosts won;t allow PHP Mail
yeah am on a free host. although i had used Vbulletin in the past with PHP mail working fine.

I'm looking at using gmail as my smtp...which port do I use?
Yes, I'm on a free host. But they have activated PHP mail on my accounts by request.

I believe PHP mail was working fine prior to the 1.4.1 and/or 1.4.2 updates. I know for sure that it was working in the 1.2 series.

I don't think their is a way to revert to a previous release of MyBB to get PHP mail to work again, nor would I want to.
I'm not on a free host either...I have the same case as dcaduser.
I guess mybb is still in it's infancy as bugs are yet to be ironed out. looks like i may need to use another forum software, pity because i really enjoy everything about this software barring the maturity
My feeling is that something found in the recent security audit, and apparently changed, is the reason for this problem. Don't give up hope, 'noneother' - I'm not. This is a great package, IMHO, and I think it simply needs a little tweaking, or un-tweaking, as the case may be.

This problem does, however, create a bit of confusion to forum members, whom may use the e-mail function of the forums, as they are told, by the software, that "The e-mail has been sent successfully" when, in fact, it hasn't been sent at all, but was simply logged.

I am hoping that this is fixed in the next update release, as it doesn't seem to be just me having this issue.
What is it saying in your guy's mail logs?

(2008-10-11, 11:56 PM)noneother Wrote: [ -> ]yeah am on a free host. although i had used Vbulletin in the past with PHP mail working fine.

I'm looking at using gmail as my smtp...which port do I use?

It says, "MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."
Bumping simply because this needs attention by the MyBB developers.

Not that all are having this problem, but it is apparent that there is a problem with some, myself included.

Lots of replies, but no solutions/fixes offered, as yet.

I'm now getting desperate (and a little frustrated) in seeking a solution to my (and now others) PHP mail problem. (Please read my previous posts.)

-- To the best of my knowledge, everything is configured properly and PHP mail is activated. (Invites have been offered to verify this and/or report otherwise.)

I can understand that the developers may be busy with other issues, but help with this matter is now being desperately requested ASAP.

THX
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6