MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] How to Convert a VB theme to Mybb??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read somewhere that it's easy to convert a VB(vBulletin) Theme to work on mybb..

Errr.. sorry if it is asked already but is there any tutorial or some tips as to how an vb theme can be edited and made to work with mybb??
they say that there has been not much made as to the copyrights issue..

well anyone ready to make a tutorial and show ( maybe a Older theme which has already been taken and done for mybb) how a vb theme can be done for mybb??
Err... There's no easy way to make a tut like that. It doesn't come easily to place common sense in a tut. You simply recode the theme for MyBB's architecture.
That sounds Kind of *Cough* Real Hard..

hehe

nvm.. thanks for the reply.
Well knowing html and css are really all that's required. A little php would help with getting little things in the exact place but just look at other mybb templates and see what needs to be where for the changes in the vb theme.
(2008-10-03, 06:31 PM)satishd Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that it's easy to convert a VB(vBulletin) Theme to work on mybb..

Errr.. sorry if it is asked already but is there any tutorial or some tips as to how an vb theme can be edited and made to work with mybb??
they say that there has been not much made as to the copyrights issue..

well anyone ready to make a tutorial and show ( maybe a Older theme which has already been taken and done for mybb) how a vb theme can be done for mybb??

Forums

this is exactly what my forums are trying to do (and to some degree succeeding)