MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrators' rank removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Since a few days (around ten), the two additional administrators of my Forum lose their Administrator rank and privileges randomly and not at the same time.

I have no idea why this is happening, there is nothing interesting in the administrator's log...

Do you know why this happens ? I think it's a bug so I posted here..

Should I log all sql queries passed through $sql->update_query (Database Class documentation) and the php script they come from in order to look at the cause of this problem ?

Thanks for your help,
Aweb
I don't think you can lose it 'randomly'...
That's the problem. They probably did. Try checking the Administrators group and see if their usernames are there. If yes, I can't help you. If they aren't put them on and they'll be administrators again.
Are your two additional admins members of any other groups? That might be why, a permissions conflict.
And they have to have a default usergroup of administrator, whether their displayed group is or not.
All their group settings are correct and they're not member of any other group.

Their rank just "disappears" randomly and they become only members...

Maybe it is an exploit and my rank cannot be changed because I am Super Administrator ?
Do you have any promotions or anything?? What are their primary and secondary groups??
No promotions, their primary group is Administrator and they don't have any secondary one.

It happened again today and I just learned one of my members lost a special "vip rank" (he also didnt have any secondary group).

This bug is quite strange and annoying... If it continues I'll try to find the source myself by loggins the SQL queries.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38637.html

Same issue I think. Can you check your mybb_banning table to check if any uids match your admins.

It would be nice if you could log the SQL queries.
I checked the mybb_banned table and there aren't any admin ids in here.

Okay, I'll try to log the SQL queries, the php script they come from and all the arguments by modifying the database class.
Sorry for the double post,, but where should I put my code if I want to record all the queries passed to MySQL ?

I used this code in inc/db_mysql.php in the 'query' function but it returned nothing...
		/* EXPORT LOG */
		function WriteToFile($filename, $data)
		{
			$Handle = fopen($filename, 'a');
			fwrite($Handle, $data);
			fclose($Handle); 
		}
		WriteToFile('/var/www/britania/lolercoaster.txt', 'Query:'.$string."\n");
		/* End of Export Log ! */
Pages: 1 2